Reporting recent modelling, and invertebrate visual neural biology developments, preliminary selection for candidate neural systems towards VLSI realization, relevant to WP1 and WP2.
Task 5.4 The STEP2DYNA Workshop Two was hosted at the University if Lincoln (UoL), Lincoln, United Kingdom on 27th April 2017. It involved reporting recent modelling and invertebrate visual neural biology developments, and the preliminary selection for candidate neural systems towards VLSI realization, relevant to WP1 and WP2.
The workshop consisted of a series of presentations as outlined in the agenda below. To facilitate wider learning, researchers from the UoL College of Science, School of Computer Science were also invited to attend.
Time was allocated after each presentation to enable a Q&A session and group discussion to further facilitate knowledge exchange and learning.
The agenda is as listed below:
STEP2DYNA Workshop 2 Agenda
Thursday, 27th April 2017
Venue: MB2606 Minerva Building, UoL
- 13:30-14:30 Presentation by Hongxin Wang, followed by Q&As – Bio-inspired Image Processing for Small Target Motion Detection in Cluttered Dynamic Visual Environment
- 14:30-14:45 Tea/coffee break.
- 14:45-15:20 Presentation by Daqi Liu, followed by Q&As – Event-driven Continuous STDP Learning with Deep Structure for Visual Pattern Recognition
- 15:20-16:00 Presentation by Qinbin Fu, followed by Q&As – Collision and Direction Selection Visual Neuron Models Research: Circuits, Mechanisms and Applications.
- 16:00-16:35 Presentation by Biao Zhao, followed by Q&As – An affine invariant feature detector.
- 16:35-16:55 Presentation by Ziteng Wang, followed by Q&As – A review of flapping wing UAV.
- 16.55-17:25 Presentation by Jingmin Huang, followed by Q&As – A study of Programmatic Guarantee.
- 17:25-17:30 Conclusion and photos.